Exercise. Eat Better. Two Things for 2018
In this post, we’ll take a look at a few resources that have information about how to live healthier. A healthy diet and exercise are very important components of a healthy lifestyle. And, it may not be as hard as you think to achieve.
Two web sites that have a great deal of information about dietary care are:
The CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention): https://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/healthy_eating/# and;
Health.gov (Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion):
There is plenty of information there to assist with meal planning for you and the entire family. As usual, we encourage you to go there and research for yourself to discover what works best for you. As far as exercise goes, we’ll discuss that from a common-sense approach. Meaning, the first thing to realize is that being overweight didn’t happen overnight; but rather over a period of time.
Having said that, we must also realize that the weight comes off the same way (over a period of time). Getting in shape is a process. Depending on age and condition, you may want to talk to your doctor before beginning that process. For everybody else, consider taking it slow at first and build into a rigorous routine. The definition of ‘exercise’ is to engage in physical activity to sustain or improve health and fitness. So actually, anything you do to improve your health and fitness is considered ‘exercise’. I would also might note that it (exercise) should be somewhat enjoyable. If it is, you’ll have a better chance of continuing the routine.
Below, are a few things you might consider doing that are simple, but very effective in getting you started.
Things that can help
- Breathe Deeper. One of the first things you can do, without even breaking a sweat, is learn to consciously breathe deeper. Every now and then, inhale and exhale slower and deeper to increase your oxygen flow.
- Take a few stretch breaks during the day. Get up and stretch a little more throughout the day. Doing things like rotating your wrists, shoulders and ankles; along with flexing your fingers and toes will help rejuvenate the body.
- Park a little farther away from the store and Walmart. If you go to the mall or Walmart, try parking a little bit further away from the front door. It will add a few more steps and help with getting a healthier walk in for the day.
If you start with those few things, that will put you on your way to a healthier lifestyle! After that, we hope you continue increasing your efforts so that you may increase your healthy and add years to your life.
Sharing is nice!
You must log in to post a comment.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- Events (0)
- For Sale (0)
- Jobs (0)
- MarketPlace Ads! (2)
- Academics & Colleges (0)
- Admin and Office Spt (0)
- Attorneys & Law Office (0)
- Auto & Transportation (1)
- Barber & Beauty (0)
- Church & Community (0)
- Computer & Technology (0)
- Education & Training (0)
- Entertainment (0)
- Fashion & Style (0)
- Food Svc & Restaurants (0)
- General Listing (0)
- Health & Wellness Services (0)
- Home Decor, Services & Real Estate (1)
- Insurance (0)
- News & Information Outlets (0)
- Services Needed (0)
- Winning is a Day By Day Process
- I’m trying to be too serious on my site…Time to start having fun…
- Did You know it was National Rural Health Day? I’m still wondering if Government Agencies even talk to each other
- True Story…
- Medicare-for-All Is the Healthcare Answer and Access People Avoid Talking About…Until Now
- Admin/Office Support (1)
- Affiliate Products (1)
- Auto & Transportation (2)
- Barber & Beauty (2)
- Business Support (9)
- Church & Community (1)
- Citizen Soldiers (5)
- Computer & Technology (2)
- Education & Training (2)
- Entertainment (1)
- Events (2)
- Fashion & Style (3)
- Featured No.1 Post (25)
- Featured No.2 Post (19)
- Featured No.3 Post (1)
- General Listing (1)
- Health & Wellness Services (1)
- Home Decor, Services & Real Estate (1)
- Hope Notes (29)
- Information (128)
- MarketPlace Directory (11)
- News (6)
- Newsletter – Site Updates (3)
- O.Denise Hamilton (3)
- Opinions (68)
- Personal Growth (2)
- Politics (16)
- Social Media Share (51)
- The Bertie Lantern (2)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Wellness (3)
BROADCAST UPDATE: Are your getting ready for 2019? ...We are!!! Music, talk and more interesting content!
Make us part of your marketing mix! We'll work to get you noticed using our several social media platforms. Search for "DHSpeller Compositions" on TuneIn.com or their phone app and check out our broadcasts and podcasts! You can also listen from this site! It's better to listen by clicking the TuneIn image above because it will open a separate browser window and you can listen uninterrupted while continuing to browse the site; but you can also sample by clicking the player below. Enjoy!
Stream Samples :
...Or, you can also try our Museter Broadcast Link: Museter
“God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.” –St. John 4:24 I wanted to write about this verse, but initially, I was stumped. Jesus had said it all. Then the question came to me, “What is a spirit?” …so I looked it up. One definition of […]